A two-day celebration of all things baked, fried, whipped, iced and colourful. Tour the city’s sweetest market and purchase delicious treats from a range of sweet superstars including Black Star Pastry, St Gerry's, N2 Extreme Gelato and Luxbite, and hit the bar for boozy spiders and sparkling cocktails from Redbank.
WHERE Meat Market, 5 Blackwood Street, North Melbourne
WHEN November 28 - 29,
Session One - 9:00am - 1:00pm, Session Two - 2:00pm - 6:00pm
COST $20pp includes entry to the Sweetfest marketplace, masterclasses (limited seating available) and a complimentary glass of Redbank Emily Brut Cuvée. Kids under 12 FREE.
List of Sweetfest Stall Holders
- Bang Bang: menu items include K-Pop - Salted caramel and marshmallow filled Korean donut, The C Banger - Top secret choc peanut sauce filled Korean donut, Bang On Classic - Strawberry jam, Coconut and Snow sugar filled Korean donut and Ice Cream Sandwiches.
- Bibelot: menu items include Cakes, Eclairs and Chocolate Bars
- Big Gay Ice Cream & Gelato Messina: menu items include Mini magic mushrooms, Fairy Bread Pops and Icecream floats
- Black Pearl
- Black Star Pastry: menu items include Strawberry Watermelon Cake, Orange and Persian fig cake and Strudel
- Fareshare & Little Bertha: menu items include Hazelnut and Cranberry Meringue Cake, Pistachio and Raspberry Teacake, Fig and Ginger Cake and Chocolate and Zucchini Cake
- Ganache Chocolates: menu items include Individual Pralines, a selection of chocolate boxes, a selection of Chocolate Coated Delights and a selection of Christmas items
- Gelato Tino: menu items include Bronte Bun (Brioche Bun) filled with ice cream and more
- Hoy Pinoy
- Luxbite: menu items include Lollybag Cake, Kuma tart and Endless love' Assorted Macaroons
- Maker & Monger
- N2 Extreme Gelato: menu items include Red Velvet Cupcake Gelato and Ferrero Reveal
- Naughty Boy Cafe
- Oregano Scrolls: menu items include Cinnamon Scroll, Cookies and Cream Scroll, Nutella and Banana Scroll and Salted Caramel Scroll
- Phillipa’s: menu items include cheddar cheese straw, mince pie, made with organic vine fruit, house made candied peel, salted praline peanut Belgium chocolate brownie and pecan caramel slice
- Raw Trader: Menu items include mini Celebration Cakes, various slices, invluding Caramel Slice, Cherry Ripe Slice, Peppermint Slice, P-Not Butter Chocolate Cups and White Chocolate and Salted Caramel Slice
- Short Stop Donuts & Coffee: menu items include coffee and dougnuts
- St Gerry’s: menu items include Greek donut with hazelnut chocolate and crushed biscuit, Greek donut with salted caramel and butterscotch popcorn, Greek donut with Raspberry coulis and buttermilk sauce and Greek donut with honey syrup, cinnamon and walnuts.
- Sweet Forbidden Journey: menu items include: honeycomb ice cream sandwich, banana split, containing banana,vanilla ice cream, broken pieces of rocky road & choose between (chocolate, caramel, strawberry sauce or all sauces if you can handle it), Baklava filo pastry with cashews & pistachio enriched with a sugar syrup and cinnamon scrolls, sweet roll with cinnamon sugar & vanilla icing.
Demonstration Stage Timetable
Be My Love
Expect a world of sprinkles and stories in their freshman class as New York's Doug Quint and Bryan Petroff take you through the basics of building the ultimate boozy floats and shakes.
from Big Gay Ice Cream
Strawberry Watermelon Cake
Sydney’s famed Black Star Pastry will show you how to make your very own Strawberry Watermelon cake.
|Chris Thé from Black Star Pastry|
Water-coloured lollypop cake
Queen of tarts
Philippa Sibley, Melbourne's queen of desserts shows you how to nail baking basics that even pastry chefs get wrong.
Shaking things up with Black Pearl
The team from the internationally renowned cocktail bar (number 10 on the World's 50 Best Bars list) will teach you how to make it sweet.
|Fred Siggins from Black Pearl|
Dessert Tubs with dessert-for-dinner degustation legend
Melbourne based pastry chef and creator of the Dessert Evenings
from Dessert Evenings
Harajuku burger cupcakes
Handmade pastry class - 4,3,2,1 Method
Big Gay Ice Cream
How to make a Choinkwich – the chocolate and caramelised
from Big Gay Ice Cream
How to make chocolate truffles at home
Samanta Bakker and|
Nitrogen truffle ice cream with sugar